Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors and making our web site a safe haven. KLRN adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your—and your children's—personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
- In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- Contest or sweepstakes registration
- Subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
- Requests for membership information
- Transactions in The KLRN Learning Place Store
- Content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, or voting
- KLRN will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
- KLRN may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes.
- We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
KLRN uses cookie technology through our PBS Online localization options. By entering your zip code and then your station, a cookie assigns you a unique number (with no meaning whatsoever outside the customization process) that recalls this information each time you visit. As a result, you are able to customize your browsing experiences for KLRN, putting your local public television schedule, community events, calendars and a link to your local station site at your fingertips every time you visit PBS Online. At no time will this cookie reveal to others your name, e-mail address, street address, or telephone number (even if you have entered these in other areas of PBS Online or the KLRN web site). You will always have the choice of opting out of any cookie-based activity on our site.